- The Team Captain must be a member of the team.
- Once a team is registered, all communication between the team and the NoGA50 must go through the Team Captain. It is the Team Captain’s responsibility to share all applicable information with team members.
- Please choose a Team Name that is appropriate for public announcement/media (i.e. no curse words, etc…). For team names determined to be inappropriate, the team captain will be notified by NoGA50, with a request for name change.
- “Team 10K Average” is the “minutes per mile” for your team. This is not your estimated race pace for the NoGA50. This is the actual 10K average for your team for an average 10K. This must be accurate to ensure an appropriately seeded start time. Please enter average pace per mile (e.g. 8:00/mile). Start times for all teams are primarily based upon the 10K seed time. Start time requests will NOT be accepted. Please do not “sandbag” your times (refer to Rules and Penalties).
Teams with a 10K seed slower than 10:00/mile should communicate with the race director prior to registration.
Each relay team member will pass a wrist strap at the end of his/her leg in a staffed exchange zone. For a listing of Exchange Zones, please refer to the Course Map on the website.
Team Check-in will involve:
- Team waiver submission. All members of the team are required to sign a hardcopy of North Georgia 50 Waiver of Liability. The captain or other team representative may submit the waiver with all team members signatures. Signatures are required for every runner. If the names/signatures on the waiver do not match your team’s roster your team will not be allowed to check-in until all signatures are complete.
- Race bracelet issue (one per team, passed between runners at each exchange zone).
- Race bib issue. Every runner is required to wear a bib while running.
- T-shirt issue.
- Vehicle inspection: all vehicles will be inspected upon entry to the Start Line. Vehicles will be inspected for appropriate size and appropriatemess of decorations.
- Reflective Vest inspection. All teams must have a reflective vest for Leg 7.
Teams have two options for Check-in:
Option 1: Prerace dinner – teams may check-in at the prerace dinner on Friday night from 4:30pm – 8:00pm (dinner served from 5:00pm – 8:00pm). Teams that pick-up their packets on Thursday, must also check-in at the start line 30 minutes prior to their start time.
Option 2: Start line – teams may check-in at the starter’s tent on Saturday a minimum of 30 minutes prior to their scheduled start time.
Food and Beverages
1. Teams are required to carry their own food, beverage, first aid and other supplies.
2. Support (water/Gatorade) for Solo, Team of 2, Team of 4 will be provided at non-exchange support stations.
3. Support (water/Gatorade/Hammer Gel/bananas/peanut butter & jelly/pretzels/M&Ms) will be provided for Solo at the exchange zones for Teams of 2 and 4.
4. Teams of 2, 4 and 5 must transport team provisions in team vehicle.
1. Each support vehicle should carry a well-stocked first aid kit and ice. Be prepared to know how to use it. NoGA50 is not responsible for providing First Aid supplies.
Please be prepared for a variety of weather conditions.